Pre-baby some of things that made me smile (and sane) were good dinners and drinks out, good movies seen IN the movie theater, reading magazines and books from beginning to end, and taking luxurious naps in the middle of the afternoon. Sleep, in general, I now know was a luxury, like all the other things on this list. I sometimes laugh on mornings when I wake up at 6:30am and think, "Score! I am up later than usual!".
To say the least, life has changed ten-fold. Rowan rules this roost and basically navigates how we spend every moment. Roger and I orbit his world and fit our own interests in the cracks. He exhausts us completely, and it is the best thing that ever happened to our lives. This morning, I was thinking how lovely it all is.
With that all said, I have assembled a revised list of some of the things that make me smile of late.
1. Watching Rowan and his dad eating breakfast together each morning.
2. My morning walks with Rowan in his stroller.
3. My subscription to Bon Appetit. (not ever read in full but now, just getting it in the mail is a joy.)
4. Weekly CSA flowers in bloom all around our house.
5. The very early morning light that hits the big shell in our living room.